How many times have you found yourself wishing you had a personal masseuse one phone call away? After all, who wouldn’t want a pair of skillful hands melting away the stress and anxiety we hold in our body. Here’s the good news: on those days a self-massage can do the trick!
While self-massages aren’t rocket science, they do require more than just prodding any knot in your body. Let me walk you through my favorite exercises that can be done anywhere.
1. Eyebrow to temple massage
- Place the heel of each hand above each brow.
- Apply gentle pressure and push your brows down but stop before reaching your eye sockets. You should feel the top edge of the brow bone.
- Trace the bone with the heel of your hands until you reach your temple. Think of it like tracing a “J” and “L”.
- Once you reach the temple, hold the pressure for a few moments and release.
2. Pressure points facial
- Place the tip of your thumbs between your eyebrows, right where the frown lines are. Gently apply pressure. Hold for a few moments and release.
- Now take your middle fingers and place them on the bottom edge of your eye socket, right in the middle. Lightly apply pressure and release.
- Take the middle fingers and place them on your cheekbone, right next to each nostril. Apply pressure and release.
3. Jaw to neck massage
- Take your index and middle fingers to each side of the jaw. Clench it and place your fingers where you feel the muscles protruding.
- Unclench your jaw and apply pressure in a circular motion over the entire area.
By Aimeé Durán Triujeque; All Rights Reserved @2022